Tuesday, June 14, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 4

Your Parents



My dad can sometimes have a bad first impression. A lot of times people will think he is gruff or mean or just not friendly, and that's really not the case. I think he is a little shy maybe, and that's why people just assume; if you don't talk to someone and get to know them, you can have whatever impression you want, even if it's wrong. Well, he's a great Dad, and he's always been there for me, always there to help me whenever I need, always came to my school functions, always encouraging, never tried to get me to be something I didn't want to be. Sure, he can have short temper and he used to be a little strict, but I think that's made me be a responsible and good person, and I don't fault him for that. I love him...of course. I think this picture I chose is perfect - that's our neighbor's kid, and he's giving her a ride on the lawn mower, and it just goes to show how fun-loving and sweet he can be.




    My mom - well, like most moms, she's the backbone of the family. She cleans, cooks, does the laundry, even pays all the bills. Now my dad does work, but he turns to her for a lot of help. She makes all the appointments and all the phone calls, and she goes with him to everything. Of course, he does the same for her since she doesn't have a drivers license (says it's just always made her really nervous). Oddly enough, even being the way she is, my dad is usually the calm one in situations where we were hurt or needed help with the car or something. BUT - my mom is a strong mom, and just like my dad, was ALWAYS there for us when we needed her. She was a stay-at-home mom until I was in 11th grade of high school. My friends would come over and get food from her, even if none of us were home. haha

    No comments: