Friday, July 1, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 19

Something You Miss

I miss the way things were when I was a kid. I know I'm not very old (28 to be exact), but even now, I can see how things have changed. When I was in high school, I didn't have many responsibilities, save for my part-time job. I got to do things with friends every weekend. I got to go out and do things. I got to take vacations. I had a ton of friends, and we all spent holidays together, saw movies together, just experienced life together. Now, we are either married, tied down by work, have separate family obligations, or just don't feel like going out. The camraderie we once had is gone. And I see the young 20-somethings that I work with and can still see it in them and their groups. But at 28, I feel way too grown up. I do have friends, but our "hang outs" are few and far between now. I have to work at not being a recluse. haha

No comments: